Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 07:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
535581 Posts in 8931 Topics by 13434 Members
Latest Member: RDenman
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The Railway Arms - Life On Mars/Ashes To Ashes forums
|-+  In-Depth Discussion
| |-+  Speculation and Theories
| | |-+  Paul Thordy = Sam Tyler?
Poll
Question: Is Paul Thordy really Sam Tyler?
No, he's a con man
No but he knew Sam and knows about Gene - he knows the 'bigger picture'
Yes
It's all a red herring!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print
Author Topic: Paul Thordy = Sam Tyler?  (Read 3029 times)
grim_tales
Superintendent

View Profile
Re: Paul Thordy = Sam Tyler?
« Reply #105 on: May 13, 2010, 10:51 AM »

Keats did Chris a BIG favour but maybe Chris will fall to him and Keats is a bad man... Huh?

"That's Pulp!"

"Tastes like spinach"

Thanks to everyone who made Life on Mars & Ashes To Ashes happen, the actors - John Simm, Phil Glenister, Liz White, Keeley Hawes, Dean Andrews, Marshall Lancaster, Montserrat Lombard, Daniel Mays, writers Matthew Graham, Ashley Pharoah, company, Kudos - thanks so much for truly wonderful, amazing shows.
The end of an Era!
January 2006 - May 2010

Bafta Awards 2007:
Life on Mars Series 1 - the People's Champion!
Pixie
Detective Sergeant

not nervous, just cautious

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 13, 2010, 11:00 AM »

He wasn't sam, but I must admit I did almost, ALMOST, fall for it originally. I do think Chris is in much further and deeper with Keats then any of us actually realise at the moment as well. I did find the line about the prisoners reconising him a little wierd, even off first viewing.

I personally took that line as Chris trying to excuse himself from going undercover.  If they had clocked him before, why would he have agreed so readily when Gene suggested it later on?  And wouldn't Sachs have just pointed it straight out rather than hiding it?  It wasn't like he really tried to hide Viv's involvement, so I don't think Chris would have been any different.
Lenzar
Detective Constable

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 13, 2010, 04:35 PM »

I had a thought while making a pun related to the name Thordy. It is pronounced Thor-dee, which could be read as Four D, as in 4D referring to four dimensions. The fourth dimension is time. Is this significant?

Alex Drake If you go in too early, we'll lose him.

Gene Hunt We go in too late we'll lose him. We're bloody coppers, not spies. Look at us tinker, tailor, soldier, tw*t!

Sig banner made by Mageoftheheart
Nicolas2008
Detective Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 13, 2010, 05:18 PM »

I think Gene and Keats fight for the soul of Tyler

By the rules, it had to win Keats, but Gene, a good guy, who is pure heart, at some point cheat, so he hide Sam, or made some weird stuff

So Keats want to know were is the soul who he is so hard working to find...

pip9
Detective Constable

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 13, 2010, 07:46 PM »

Maybe Keats knows Alex is in a coma (?) so told Thordy - remember Keats says "I've read all about you".

He didnt say Ive read all about you, he said I read all about you.

I havent seen anyone else say this, and all you people are a lot better than me at this so Im compleatly prepared for you all to say Im talking rubbish but Ill explain what I mean anyway!

The first time I heard it something about the way he said it sounded odd to me and I couldnt workout what it was untill later. I read sounds like it should be talking about now, but surely a more corect way of saying it would be Im reading all about you? Like you would say thats the book Im reading. Or you could say I have read all about you, which is pronouced diffrently.

I think it was more I will read all about you. As in at some point in the future I will read about you. I think its a clue to the fact hes from the future and thats where he will read about her. Maybe after she wakes up?

Im probably overthinking!
grim_tales
Superintendent

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 13, 2010, 08:18 PM »

You mean he says "I read.." ib the present tense? I'll have to watch again!

"That's Pulp!"

"Tastes like spinach"

Thanks to everyone who made Life on Mars & Ashes To Ashes happen, the actors - John Simm, Phil Glenister, Liz White, Keeley Hawes, Dean Andrews, Marshall Lancaster, Montserrat Lombard, Daniel Mays, writers Matthew Graham, Ashley Pharoah, company, Kudos - thanks so much for truly wonderful, amazing shows.
The end of an Era!
January 2006 - May 2010

Bafta Awards 2007:
MaggieMay
Detective Constable

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 13, 2010, 08:42 PM »

Maybe Keats knows Alex is in a coma (?) so told Thordy - remember Keats says "I've read all about you".

He didnt say Ive read all about you, he said I read all about you.

I havent seen anyone else say this, and all you people are a lot better than me at this so Im compleatly prepared for you all to say Im talking rubbish but Ill explain what I mean anyway!

The first time I heard it something about the way he said it sounded odd to me and I couldnt workout what it was untill later. I read sounds like it should be talking about now, but surely a more corect way of saying it would be Im reading all about you? Like you would say thats the book Im reading. Or you could say I have read all about you, which is pronouced diffrently.

I think it was more I will read all about you. As in at some point in the future I will read about you. I think its a clue to the fact hes from the future and thats where he will read about her. Maybe after she wakes up?

Im probably overthinking!

I agree, I cant work out why he said what he did, it makes no sense unless LOM was Sams coma life, ATA 1&2 was Alex's and series 3 is Keats??

Alex read Sams notes now Keats is reading Alex's. Could this explain why everything is different in this last series, as its from Jimbo's perspective, including Sam AKA Thordy??

Of course, this is sticking with the LOM coma theory, I have a million others but cant settle on one lol
NelleEsor
DCI

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: May 16, 2010, 10:09 PM »

He couldn't be Sam Tyler becuase he said - "My thoughts go forward to 2005" but Sam Tyler wasn't even hit by the car until 2006...

Gene Hunt"Oh just lie back and think of Cheltenham."
grim_tales
Superintendent

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 17, 2010, 12:08 PM »

Unless Sam was actually dead at the start of LOM S1E1..? Huh?

"That's Pulp!"

"Tastes like spinach"

The end of an Era!
January 2006 - May 2010

Bafta Awards 2007:
mashbeans27
Detective Constable

Gene Genie.. ♥

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 19, 2010, 11:47 AM »

My Theory-

Keats left the cell with thordy just as alex went in - when he went all sam-tyler

Keats is from teh future and has read all about Sam tyler's reports - same as Alex did (hence knowing 'am i mad, in a coma.. etc as sam recorded himself saying thsi on a tape recorder i believe?)

Keats spoke to thordy - could have before hand as gene found out he contacted the prsion beforehand anyway - and told him some more about sam tyler - even hypnotised him perhaps ? as he seems to have some sort of mind power or way of controlling the characters like viv's death? but keats filled thordy in on everything with sam - thats whhy he didn't know the answer to alex's 'number one' questrion because he wasn't filled in on silly details about the future, just about sam?

thordy is a con-man so fit the role perfectly but really keats just wanted to freak alex out and make her forget the more important viv-hostage situation and focus on findsing out about sam tyler again
hmm my theory anyway aha Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print 
Jump to: