Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 09:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
535620 Posts in 8931 Topics by 13434 Members
Latest Member: RDenman
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The Railway Arms - Life On Mars/Ashes To Ashes forums
|-+  The Decades
| |-+  The Eighties
| | |-+  Hairstyles which one did you have in the 1980's
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: Hairstyles which one did you have in the 1980's  (Read 12872 times)
DC Klg

Email
Hairstyles which one did you have in the 1980's
« on: August 21, 2007, 01:18 PM »

Did anyone have a Purdy cut? I did for abit shame I don't have a picture but here's a clip of The New Avengers.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mHrMq-ujiFg

Enjoy

PS: Yes I know this was 1976 but I didn't have this style when I was 5 years old whoops showing my age Roll Eyes
mermayd
DCI

Made by runandnevertire

View Profile
Re: Hairstyles whcih one did you have in the 1980's
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 06:36 PM »

I had a perm and what we used to call the "Lady Di flick".

Grim.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful people could change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."

Don't you just love Margaret Mead - apart from the other crap she said.
Just Jugs

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 10:44 PM »

I had that oh so popular late eighties hairstyle for girls that consisited of shaven back and sides and cropped on top, backcombed to within an inch of its life and bleached to death.  Totally unfeminine! Embarrassed  Still could have been worse, could have sported a mullet!!!!
sandiesg
DCI

70s cat copper!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 11:02 PM »

I had short hair in the early 80's, always wore plastic earrings, and in the late eighties I had a curly mullet, and I wore a mane comb, I don't know if they were ever big in the UK.

Thank you to sammytyler for my banner!

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. - Harvey S. Firestone
Jay B
Detective Inspector

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 11:19 PM »

Shoulder length bob, with a fringe.

Still got the bob and the fringe, just shorter now.
Just Jugs

Email
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 11:35 PM »

Yeah i remember those combs.  Think they were called  afro combs over here.  Think you can still get them in shops.  Don't see many perms around these days, not round here anyhow.  Long gone are the days of the mullet (thank goodness).  Though i did see one on a recent visit to London.  I thought Londoners were at the cutting edge of fashion, shame on them Embarrassed
I wore plastic earrings too, in bright colours!
RCYBER
Detective Constable

Life On Mars.tv & Ashes To Ashes.tv DUDE

View Profile WWW
Re: Hairstyles which one did you have in the 1980's
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 06:03 PM »

I had an embarrassing perm, and was still in high school.  It was modelled after Martin Gore (Keyboardist from Depeche Mode), when I had it I thought it very cool.  But then again people thought knitted mesh ties were cool too.  The hair also had a rats tail, like that dude from Tears for Fears (I can't believe I just called him a dude!).  Other embarrassing things I owned then included pastel jumpers, which I dry reach over now at the thought of them.  Always wanted a Delorean, Mike I want yours give it to me!  Just joking.  As time progressed the eighties also gave us smiley tshirts and bandannas, but this was at the dawn of house music 87 - 89.  I guess that was the birth of Streetwear.

sandiesg
DCI

70s cat copper!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2007, 09:47 PM »

I had short hair in 91 and for part of the year, I had those little tails at the back too. I already posted a picture of it, but I thought I'd post another one for a laugh.

Me in 81:

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. - Harvey S. Firestone
*KAz*

Email
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2007, 03:52 PM »

My hair in the 80s was hairsprayed to within an inch of its life.  I can remember my hairdryer packing up halfway through me drying my hair on my 18th birthday (July 1987) and my mum & dad rushing to Argos to buy me a new one!

I was probably one of those that contributed to the ozone layer Wheeeee! Haha!
joaniedutch
Detective Inspector

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 11:08 AM »

I had a Farrah type flick in the early eighties and that took a lot of looking after! Mine too was sprayed  to keep it all in place of course!
Just Jugs

Email
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 10:27 PM »

Hi Sandie  Smiley

Looks like you are sporting a Sheena Easton hairdo there.  Can I ask what your jumper means on the back?.
Heather
Detective Inspector

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 11:08 PM »

I had a bob,then a lady di flick(which someone else here has mentioned) then I dyed my hair for the 1st time with a toners and shaders dye which was rich mahogany and my mum nearly died when she saw it and I haven't seen my natural hair colour since.Then I had a perm(a selecta perm) then I had my hair cut and everyone at school started calling me imelda after the bully of that name in Grange Hill.Thinking back now it must have been a mullet Shocked. Then I had another perm.

Oh and I dabbled in wet look gel from time to time....shudder.

"Don't they have plonks in Hyde?"WPC Cartwright
sandiesg
DCI

70s cat copper!!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2007, 12:31 AM »

Hi JJ!  Smiley

I did have a Sheena Easton do back then, come to think of it!  Grin

The jumper says Bryan Who? as kind of a joke about Bryan Adams who I was a big fan of at the time.

Heather, you sound like me with all the different hairstyles you had. I have pictures of me with every hairstyle I had in the seventies and eighties and they make up some scary gallery!

Heather
Detective Inspector

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2007, 10:32 AM »

I remember a hairstyle called a Perry which was abit like a Lady Di flick but your fringe was longer over one eye. Abit like Phil Oakey in the Human League only shorter.I didn't have that one because(mum again)thought it would ruin my eyesight Roll Eyes

Oh and another hairdo from the 80's was having it cut really short with only a long fringe and a thin tail of hair at the back.

"Don't they have plonks in Hyde?"WPC Cartwright
Ooler Oop
Detective Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2007, 02:55 PM »

Sounds similar to one I had. I hairsprayed it to oblivion on one side just so it would stay in place!

I also had a badger do. White stripe down the middle and stuck up like Rhydian, and the 'streaks' phase -  shoulder length with platinum highlights

Cool cops are gonna throw the book at you.
When they get a look at you
Gonna haul you downtown - Orson
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
Jump to: